Posted on: June 8, 2022
Algoma Orchards is a 3rd generation family-run local business who are proud to be known as a leader in Canada’s apple farming and packing industry. As an essential service, we provide healthy food to consumers across Canada year-round.
We are currently looking to hire a Permanent Full-time Cider Filler Technician for our cold pressed apple cider department in our state-of-the-art packing and juice-bottling facility located in Newcastle, Ontario. This position works Monday to Friday (8 to 10 hours per day depending on production) and reports to our Manager of the Juice Plant.
What you will do:
- Daily inspection and set up of pasteurizer prior to operating
- Prepare batches following instructions on batch sheets
- Test juice for brix and flavour profile
- Transfer juice to desired locations
- Communicate with Production Supervisor and QA Manager
- Assist with pasteurizing aseptically packaged juice
- Accurate and timely record keeping for pasteurizer and Quality Assurance Department
- Inspect and load tanker trailers
- Operate chillers and homogenizer
- Clean and sanitize blend room, equipment and hoses
- Assist production, pressing and packing line when time permits
What you will bring:
- You have experience and understanding of the food/beverage production environment, machine operating experience an asset
- You have an ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment with constantly changing deadlines
- You have a thorough understanding of GMP’s, Sanitation, HACCP and cleanliness requirements
- You have an ability to operate small equipment such as pumps and agitators
- You are comfortable climbing and working from heights
- You are able to lift 30 lbs.
- You have good hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
- You have good problem-solving ability
- You are flexible to work in other departments as needed
- You can read and write in English
- You have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Schedule: This position works Monday to Friday (8 to 10 hours per day depending on production).
Wage: Starts at 17.50 per hour.
For more information please contact our office at 905 697-4472 or apply directly by email to email@example.com.
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://forms.office.com/r/mN3UQe1ud1
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Other
Company informationCompany Name: Algoma Orchards
What we offer:
• Being part of a great team!
• RRSP matching
• Group Benefits
• Annual Safety Footwear Allowance
• Store discount at our Gourmet Market
• Free on-site parking
• Free Coffee
• Company Events
• Safety Rewards Program
Algoma Orchards is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Prefered method of contact: