Posted on: October 27, 2023
Position Purpose summary:
The Christmas Kettle Worker provides courteous oversight of a designated Christmas kettle in support of the work of the Community and Family Services.
- Ensure the Kettle site is monitored in accordance with the Kettle Guidelines, ensuring the security of donations received.
- Greet and thank donors courteously.
- Respond to questions/queries from potential donors.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- This is a temporary casual relief position based on no standard weekly hours of work; there are no guaranteed hours.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts that may include days, afternoons, evenings, weekend shifts, and split shifts, Monday through Saturday. Applicable shifts include a ½ hour unpaid meal break.
- Flexibility in scheduling is required, as the hours may increase as per the Christmas Kettle Campaign operational requirements.
- Required to wear appropriate Salvation Army identification.
- Local travel may be associated with this position.
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- Completed High School or equivalent.
- Related experience is an asset.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, and adaptability.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Reliable transportation to kettle location.
- Ability to represent The Salvation Army positive and professional manner in the community.
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Honest, courteous, and punctual; represent the organization in a positive, professional, and engaging manner.
- Treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution.
- Attentive listening skills for the purpose of supervision, coaching, and conflict resolution.
- Ability and willingness to develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
For more information or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Other
Company informationCity: Port Perry & Oshawa
Prefered method of contact: Email