Posted on: November 7, 2022
A trusted Canadian Icon is back! That trusted name in superior quality and master craftsmanship is back. Featuring exceptional custom flooring and kitchen cabinetry.
For over 60 years, Viceroy Homes has been providing phenomenal housing solutions to Canadian families. Building Excellence – One Home, One Cabinet, One Beam at a Time.
Every Viceroy Homes kitchen, cabinets and flooring are custom manufactured using state-of-the-art technology in an environmentally controlled facility.
We are committed to hiring and training great staff and employees to allow us to continue with delivering only the best housing solutions.
Come work for a Company where your hard work and ideas won’t go unnoticed and will contribute to a growing business! Our people are our success and we promote a diverse and inclusive culture that is built on collaboration and teamwork.
If you are looking to further develop your unique set of skills and are looking to grow and evolve – we are the perfect fit for each other.
We are currently seeking a full-time Cabinet Assembler.
This role is responsible for constructing and assembling cabinet components using a high level of attention, to deliver only the best to our customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Construct and assemble cabinet components, making sure that all pieces fit the dimensions specified by the foreman and client
- Verify and double-check all calculations to ensure alignment of doors, hinges and side panels, always using blueprints or design plans for reference
- Clean and repair all equipment necessary for your work, including handsaws, table saws: sliding table saw, skill saws, and a variety of drills and sanding tools
- Install the appropriate hardware, such as hinges and handles, and order replacement materials when needed
- Match materials and grains to create a uniform appearance for all the matching units
- Reinforce joints and attachments to maximize sturdiness and durability without compromising aesthetic appeal or functionality
- Maintain a safe working environment by cleaning and disposing of old materials, such as nails and screws
- Visually inspect completed work for quality and accuracy
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Manufacturing
Understanding of necessary mathematics
Experience with sliding table saw is mandatory
Knowledge of materials and processing
Applicable engineering and design skills
Attention to detail
Comfortable lifting up to 50 pounds
High school diploma or equivalent
Preferred: a certificate in woodworking from a recognized community college or relevant cabinet maker experience
Minimum 1-2 years in a wood manufacturing industry
Company informationCompany Name: Viceroy Homes
Contact Name: Brittney Ward
City: Port Hope
$20 - $23 an hour
Prefered method of contact: Email