Posted on: January 18, 2023
Cool Cow is seeking to employ local youth for the 2023 spring/summer seasons. Cool Cow is part of the charity Brock Youth Centre. The ice cream shop was developed as an opportunity to employ youth so they could gain employment, and entrepreneurial skills. Cool Cow is run by youth and mentored by adults (BYC Board members). You will have an opportunity to work with peers and adults who support youth. This is a Full-Time position (mid-May to end of August) for a youth between the ages of 18 and 29, who is in a post-secondary program studying Business, Entrepreneurship, or Marketing, or has experience leading others in a work environment
The Cool Cow Business Development Coordinator will report to a mentor from the Brock Youth Centre Board of Directors (BOD) and be responsible for developing, planning and implementation of strategic business initiatives for the Cool Cow Ice Cream Parlour and the Brock Youth Centre. This position will be responsible for regular updates to the BOD.
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Restaurant/Food Services
Education and Training:
• Currently enrolled in post secondary education at college or university in a Business, Marketing or Entrepreneurship program
• Related experience in a retail business environment would be an asset
Knowledge and Competencies
• Organization Skills: Must be able to organize documents and work independently with support from the BOD mentor
• Strategic Thinker: Ability to understand business processes and see opportunities for continuous improvement
• Communication: Ability to clearly communicate with staff, BOD, and stakeholders. The ability to communicate and work as a team with the BOD mentor. The ability to review social media posts related to the business.
• Motivated and Self-Starter: Ability to work independently and remotely with minimal supervision from the BOD mentor. Desire to take the lead on developing business plans and business cases.
• Leadership: Work collaboratively with the Cool Cow Manager on initiatives directly related to the Cool Cow operations. Ability to clearly articulate ideas and initiatives. Work collaboratively with the BOD mentor, as required
• Technology Skills: Understanding of software programs related to business operations. Ability to work remotely
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
• Ability to work independently and remotely with timely communication to the BOD mentor
Company informationCompany Name: Brock Youth Centre - Cool Cow Ice Cream Shop
Contact Name: Dodie Bucknell
Prefered method of contact: Email