Posted on: November 18, 2022
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.
Does the world of beauty intrigue and inspire you? Do you love connecting with people and educating them on all of the “how-to’s” of beauty? Are you driven by to make a difference in people’s lives? If you are passionate about helping people discover their beauty, feel confident and love how they look, Beauty at a Shoppers Drug Mart store is made for you. So come put your best face forward! Come discover the beauty of working here.
If advising on products, application, and new trends excites you, our Beauty Specialists help our customers select the best products and services every day. In this role, you will maximize sales of beauty products and services by providing information, advice, application and instruction, while achieving excellence in sales and customer service.
The ideal Beauty Specialist will:
- Identify customers’ needs and sells through demonstration and education; Coaching customers through make-up applications, skin care consultations, and fragrance demonstrations
- Possess a “selling is fun” attitude
- Promote sales of beauty products; provides information on new or existing products and services; conducts demonstrations
- Encouraging customers to participate in the PC Optimum program & other promotions
- Introduce and promote Shoppers Beauty online to customers
- Ensure applicable sales are tracked, and that daily targets are achieved
- Seeks out development opportunities such as through workshop/education sessions to ensure product knowledge is current; Participate in workshop/education sessions and learn through other online offerings to ensure product knowledge is current and up to date I.e. The Academy, vendor schools, YouTube, etc.
- Builds customer loyalty through follow up and repeat business
- Actively use eClienteling to provide superior customer service and maximize sales, and to help reach department targets on all eClienteling metrics
- Actively promote and book appointments for in-Store events
- Demonstrates a professional image, including clean and complete image guidelines, uniform as outlined in Store Standards with name badge, and full make up wearing only cosmetic and fragrance brands that Shoppers Drug Mart Associate’s sells
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Sales/Services
• Proven consultative skills to provide information, advice and guidance to customers on Shoppers Drug Mart Associate's beauty products and services
• Selling experience with a proven track record
• Ability to conduct sit down makeup and skincare consultations and demonstrate application
• Strong communication skills to make presentations, instruct individuals and groups on the use of cosmetics
• Commitment to providing excellence in customer service
• Punctual and reliable
• Comfort level learning and implanting daily usage of the in-store tools and applications (ex: iPad, derm tools)
Company informationCompany Name: Shoppers Drug Mart
Address: 20 Jocelyn Street
City: Port Hope
• Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
• Ability to work in a fragrance filled environment
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to climb ladder
Prefered method of contact: Email