Posted on: January 18, 2023
Cool Cow is seeking to employ local youth for the 2023 spring/summer seasons. Cool Cow is part of the charity Brock Youth Centre. The ice cream shop was developed as an opportunity to employ youth so they could gain employment, and entrepreneurial skills. Cool Cow is run by youth and mentored by adults (BYC Board members). You will have an opportunity to work with peers and adults who support youth. This is a Full-Time position (mid-May to end of August) for a youth between the ages of 18 and 29, who is in a post-secondary program studying Business, Entrepreneurship, or Marketing, or has experience leading others in a work environment
The Cool Cow Assistant Manager will report to the Manager and be responsible for the daily operations of the ice cream shop. Duties will include collaboration and support for Manager, preparing the shop for daily opening and closing, training staff on health and safety and a clean work environment, scooping ice cream, cash and timesheet management and maintaining a daily log related to business activities.
In addition to this, the Assistant Manager will be required to work alongside younger employees scooping ice cream and providing hands-on training on an ongoing basis when needed.
For more information or to apply, please email email@example.com or text 905-261-3895. Leave a detailed message with your name, phone number, and the position you are interested in and someone from our team will get back to you as soon as possible!
To register with us and get direct access to all of our programs and services, follow this link: https://tinyurl.com/y28jnbtk
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Restaurant/Food Services
Education and Training:
• Currently enrolled in post secondary education at college or university in a Business, Marketing or Entrepreneurship program
• In late years of high school or first year of post secondary education at college or university in a Business or Entrepreneurship program
• Safe Food Handlers certificate (the Assistant Manager will be provided the opportunity to attend a training course if they do not have the certification when hired)
Knowledge and Competencies
• Customer Service: Understanding the requirements of excellent customer service and a working environment that encourages repeat customers. The ability to training other staff in excellent customer service practices.
• Organization Skills: Can organize schedules, understand inventory practices, and keep daily records
• Teamwork: Ability to create an atmosphere of welcome, inclusivity and enjoyment at the Cool Cow, while delivering excellent customer service.
• Communication: Ability to clearly communicate with staff, customers, suppliers in a timely and effective manner. The ability to create social media posts related to the business.
• Leadership: Ability to provide direction and support to younger staff and play a primary role in preparing them for work effectiveness. Work collaboratively with the Manager to form a leadership team that ensures smooth functioning amongst staff. Ability to clearly articulate requirements and instructions, offering constructive feedback, and delegating responsibilities efficiently.
• Technology Skills: Understanding of software programs related to business operations including the payment platform, financial and scheduling systems.
• Health and Safety: Understanding the importance of health and safety standards in food preparation and understand and communicate the responsibilities of a clean and safe work environment
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
• Some lifting of ice cream containers
• Busy work environment
• Standing for long periods of time
Company informationCompany Name: Brock Youth Centre - Cool Cow Ice Cream Shop
Contact Name: Dodie Bucknell
$17.00 plus tip pool
Prefered method of contact: Email