Posted on: January 9, 2023
REPORTS TO: Summer Program Director / Assistant Director
• On-site staff training weekends (May 13, June 17-18)
• Ten weeks of full-time hours (35 hours per week) during summer camp operations (June 26 – September 1)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Arts & Crafts Coordinator is responsible for the development & implementation of the Arts & Crafts Program at Camp Samac. This position is responsible for maintaining equipment, the assigned cabin facility, as well as supplies & services necessary for the operation of this program. The Arts & Crafts Coordinator must be organized, passionate about working with youth & interested in developing creative opportunities for campers to express themselves. This position requires adaptability & an interest in supporting the Senior Staff in incorporating more of the Canadian Path principles into the Summer Camp program.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordination & implementation of Arts & Crafts programs for all programs in accordance with weekly themes.
2. Responsible for maintenance of the craft cabin, supplies, & resources.
3. Participation & assistance in office duties and staff break coverage as assigned.
4. Weekly submission of any supply request forms to the office team or designate.
5. Provide feedback to the Summer Program Director at weekly Senior Staff meetings.
6. Assist in the set-up/take down of camp & weekly turnover to weekend user groups as required.
7. Organize staffing plan at site daily.
8. Support with large-group supervision & operations (e.g., drop-off/pick-up, lunch time, swim time).
9. Provide a final written report at conclusion of season for succession planning purposes.
10. Assist in other related duties as requested by the Summer Program Director & Assistant Director.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Counselling/Education
1. Experienced in developing and supervising a balanced arts-based program.
2. Experienced in working in a camp environment for children.
3. Training in accessibility & inclusion to meet all participants’ needs at the Arts & Crafts site.
4. Proven ability to provide direction to others as necessary.
5. Ability to self-start and work independently.
6. Current Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C).
7. Embodies personal beliefs in keeping with the Mission, Principles & Practices of Scouts Canada.
8. Strong communication & customer service skills.
9. Completes Scouts Canada screening process including a clear Police Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening.
10. Willingness to complete all necessary training.
11. Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
Company informationCompany Name: Camp Samac - Scouts Canada
Contact Name: Brittney Forester
Address: 1711 Simcoe St. N
Postal Code:L1G 4Y1
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please complete our Online Application by January 20, 2023. Scouts Canada, thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Scouts Canada, visit our website: https://www.scouts.ca/
Apply Online URL: https://sites.google.com/ddsb.ca/campsamacstaff2023
Prefered method of contact: Apply Online URL