Welcome Back to Durham College Community Employment Services!
With everyone’s safety as our utmost priority, we are now prepared to welcome clients, staff and community visitors back into our centres by appointment only at this time while meeting public-health requirements for infection prevention and control.
We have adjusted our protocols along the way, based on shifting conditions and evolving government and public-health guidance. Attached are two documents for you to review and adhere to while visiting us at the centre. We appreciate you, the client, for being crucial in how far we have come in the fight against COVID-19. Your adherence to the following conditions will allow us to open and operate our programs safely.
Before Your Appointment:
- Be Vaccinated (for more information please visit durhamcollege.ca/vaccination).
- Complete the COVID-19 screening questionnaire.
- If you do not receive a green pass, do NOT come to the centre – call and we will promptly reschedule your appointment accordingly
Attending Your Appointment:
- Bring your email confirmation indicating “You may go to campus” that you received from the screening, your vaccination receipts (and rapid test proof if necessary), your photo ID and be prepared to show it to the screening staff member upon your arrival.
- Bring your ID, SIN and any other items you require for your appointment
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Upon arrival at the CES centre, use the outside intercom system to notify us that you have arrived
- When entering the centre, sanitize your hands, wear a mask and any other appropriate PPE
- You will be greeted by a staff member who will direct you according to your scheduled appointment type
After Your Appointment:
- You will be provided with enough wipes to treat the surfaces you have touched as outlined below:
- Thoroughly wet the surface to be treated with the wipes
- Dispose of used wipes in waste bins
- Exit through the front doors of the resource centre
- Sanitize your hands upon leaving
As a reminder, stay home if you:
- Are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- Have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Have travelled outside of Canada within the last 14 days.
- Have been exposed to someone who is, or may be, infected with COVID-19.
Durham College Community Employment Services has always ensured that client safety is of the utmost importance and with these additional measures we have implemented, you can rest assured that your health and safety will not be compromised. We appreciate your continued support as we adapt our practices to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.
If you are in need of Employment Services assistance, please contact one of the offices closest to you, or fill out our registration form to get started: Employment Services Registration Form