Posted on: April 5, 2018
Looking for students for Summer 2018 (May – Aug) positions for the Under 4 through Under 12 recreational youth soccer programs.
We are looking for mature, responsible, passionate individuals with an affinity for coaching and sports programming and an enthusiasm for child development to join our team!
*Applicants must be between the ages of 17-30 years and enrolled in a secondary or post secondary education program and returning to school full-time in the fall 2018.
Program Facilitators are responsible for the planning and implementation of a safe, enjoyable recreational soccer program, aligned with Ontario’s player development standards, for children age 4 – 12 years. The soccer club provides all necessary training and certifications as well as a full coaching curriculum to implement weekly evening practice sessions and daytime field and office work.
• Increase the skill level of all players via a high standard of coaching
• Be a resource person and educator for team volunteers and parents
• Foster an environment of fun and sportsmanship for every player
• Organize and lead group practices for all U4-U12 divisions, with the assistance of parent volunteers, per the Ontario Soccer LTPD guidelines
• Motivate players, volunteers, and parents with positive encouragement and attainable goals
• Plan, co-ordinate, and facilitate weekly practice sessions and brief parent volunteers on activities
• Organization and set up of equipment and soccer drills on field
• Regularly assess player development and training risk, and adjust program plans accordingly
• Assist with field lining and maintenance
• Administrative office work, which may include skill ratings, standings, tournament coordination, development of coaching manuals and resources, meeting coordination, communications and computer work.
• Must be mature, responsible, enthusiastic and organized
• Have a working knowledge of soccer and coaching techniques; preference given for those with prior soccer experience (recent player or coach)
• Willingness to obtain coaching and health & safety certifications and vulnerable sector records check
• Demonstrated experience and interest in working with youth, parents, the public and sports management
• Excellent administration, program coordination, and communication skills
• Must be a Canadian citizen and eligible to work in Ontario
For further information, please visit your closest Employment Centre.
Beaverton, 397 Simcoe St, Monday 9-4:30pm
Port Perry, 84 Water St, Tuesday & Wednesday 8:30-4:30pm
Uxbridge, 29 Toronto St S, Monday-Wednesday and Fridays 8:30-4:30pm, Thursday 10-6
All sites are closed 12-1pm
Field of Work: Other
Company informationCompany Name: Durham College Employment Services
Prefered method of contact: