Posted on: September 25, 2017
Print Production Assistant/Finisher
Get Wrapped is headquartered in Oshawa, Ontario and is a recognized leader in the digital printing field specializing in the design, production and installation of large format printing including vehicle wraps. Our mission is to help clients reach their audience via engaging digital graphic solutions. We serve large and small, local, regional and national businesses and have grown through consistently delivering high quality products on time. Our dedication to quality, exceptional client service and competitively priced solutions are the core principles of our business.
Get Wrapped is seeking a full-time Print Production Assistant/Finisher. In this dynamic “hands on” role, you will assist the Print Production Specialist in the execution and completion of all print projects, complete installation preparation tasks and maintain an organized and tidy work area. The print environment is extremely fast paced and entirely digital, including HP Latex and Design Jet printers, Summa plotter and GBC laminator. Experience working in this type of environment is an asset.
The Print Production Assistant/Finisher role is critical in meeting customer driven deadlines and delivering high quality products. In this roll, you will be exposed to many different aspects of the overall operation and may have the opportunity to advance and become involved with design.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete installation preparation tasks such as plotting, weeding, trimming, packaging etc.
• Independently load and operate laminating and plotting equipment
• Assist with inventory control of consumables
• Document and report issues with printers and other equipment to Print Production Specialist
• Comply with health and safety standards and workplace legislation
• Additional duties as required.
• This position is deadline driven, you must ensure jobs are completed to high standards, efficiently and on-time
• Must work well in a highly collaborative environment
• Must have strong time management and process workflow organization skills
• Must be willing to learn new skills and collaborate with other team members to help improve and streamline processes
• Must have the ability to work accurately and methodically under pressure
• Mechanically intuitive
• Strong work ethic with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety instructions, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Education and Experience:
• Graphic design training and proficiency with the Adobe Suite, is an asset
• Experience working in a digital print production environment is preferred
• Familiarity with RIP software’s (specifically Onyx, Flexi/WinPlot) is a desired asset
• understanding of large format digital printing; finishing process.
wages $15. – $17
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Other
Installation preparation (plotting, weeding, trimming etc).
Load and operate laminator/plotter
Maintain a clean work area
Maintain control of inventory
Some heavy lifting
Creative Problem solving
Communicating with team members
Some travel required
Occasional after hour and weekend work
Company informationCompany Name: Getwrapped
Contact Name: Dave Morrison
Address: 391 Marwood Ave
Postal Code:L1H 7P8
Telephone: (905) 259-9705
Prefered method of contact: Email