Posted on: June 13, 2017
We are looking for a student to help us in our busy office. We are a not-for-profit organization that provides support to about 90 churches in the Eastern Canadian District (ECD) of The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada (C&MA).
You will be working on several current and upcoming projects of an administrative nature. Some examples are organizing and maintaining our filing system (hard copy and scanning); assisting with transfer of churches’ land/property deeds; updating tracking charts and connecting with churches to follow-up on information requested by our office or the National office; and updating the ECD website. You will also perform general office administrative tasks as required in the ECD office.
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Office/Clerical
• is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
• was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
• intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
• is a student in a postsecondary program (university, community college, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical);
• is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (foreign students are not eligible);
• is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations;
• has some administrative experience or clerical skills;
• is organized and pays attention to detail;
• is skilled with Word and Excel and experience with Outlook is an asset;
• will commit to maintaining a high level of confidentiality and exercise discretion; and
• has well-developed verbal and written communication skills in English.
Company informationCompany Name: Eastern Canadian District (ECD) of The Christian and Missionary Alliance in Canada (C&MA)
Contact Name: Janelle Cherng
Address: 11 Stanley Court, Unit 12
Telephone: (905) 430-0955
This position has been made available because we have received funding from the Government of Canada as part of the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Interested applications should forward resume with covering letter to Janelle Cherng at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title as the subject line.
Please note that due to the quantity of responses anticipated, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Prefered method of contact: Email