Posted on: April 5, 2018
We are looking for Gelato Clerk Assistants who must be customer service oriented and able to connect well with people. You will provide incredible customer service to customers with a cheerful and pleasant disposition. These positions are dependent on a successful grant from Canada Summer Jobs Program which requires students to have attended school in 2017/2018 and have plans to attended school, University or College for the 2018/2019 terms AND be able to work a minimum of 30 hours per week for the entire summer period. This positions are available starting the end of April 2018 so only University or College students are eligible. We are an equal opportunity employer.
• Maintain the overall appearance of the store front, ensuring display cases, scales, floors, and counters are clean
• Stocking freezers and shelves with products; refilling products to meet customer needs and rotating for freshness
• Setting up gelato and ice-cream cases, ensuring products have proper signage and are well-merchandised; showcasing quality and freshness
• Answering and operating the phone system, taking messages/orders as required
• Operating Cash Register and Debit/Credit Machine
• Scoop gelato and ice cream in portions prescribed
• Make coffee, espresso and smoothie drinks quick and efficiently
• Open and Close the shop following designated procedures.
• Mix and freeze Gelato and Ice-cream products.
• Be clean and neat in appearance;
• Have excellent communication and listening skills;
• Able to perform simple mathematical calculations; count money and make change accurately;
• Physically fit with the ability lift up to 40 lbs; perform repetitive hand and arm movements, bending and reaching; able to spend the majority of time on his/her feet and stand/walk without a break for up to 4 hours;
• Possess organizational skills, prioritizing requests and activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines;
• Capable to work as a team with continuous interaction between customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment;
• Capacity to properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; use equipment and keep accurate logs in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure food and human safety practices are strictly adhered to;
• Have manual dexterity to operate equipment and handle utensils in a safe and proper manner.
• Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
• Knowledge and passion for working with hand made gelato and ice-cream
• Experience working in an ice cream or gelato shop.
• Good kitchen skills.
For further information, please visit your closest Employment Centre.
Beaverton, 397 Simcoe St, Monday 9-4:30pm
Port Perry, 84 Water St, Tuesday & Wednesday 8:30-4:30pm
Uxbridge, 29 Toronto St S, Monday-Wednesday and Fridays 8:30-4:30pm, Thursday 10-6
All sites are closed 12-1pm
Field of Work: Sales/Services
Company informationCompany Name: Durham College Employment Services
City: Port Perry
Prefered method of contact: