Posted on: December 19, 2017
Why Work For Us
Commissionaires is one of Canada’s premier security providers with over 21,000 employees across Canada. At Commissionaires, we’re not just another security provider nor are we interested in hiring just another security guard. We are different. We’re interested in developing Commissionaires. We are a not-for-profit organization with a social mandate to provide meaningful employment to former members of the Canadian Armed Forces, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and others who wish to contribute to the security and well-being of Canadians.
What does this mean for you? It means developing your career well beyond physical guarding. Our only reason for being is creating meaningful employment. When you become a Commissionaire, you have opportunities not available to most security providers. For example, did you know we have been the sole provider of security to the federal government since 1925? From judicial sites to military bases, we have some of the most exciting opportunities for our Commissionaires. Are you in school pursuing a business degree? Did you know we recently completed a security consulting engagement with a $200B pension fund with recommendations to the executive committee and board of directors that will shape their security profile in New York, Hong Kong, London and Toronto? Perhaps you’re in school with a background in police foundations? We have unparalleled access to subject matter experts and relationships within the law enforcement community. If you have a background in customer service, we provide non-security related roles at Toronto Pearson International Airport. In other words, our focus is to provide unique opportunities for our Commissionaires. Although our primary focus is providing transition support to current and former members of Canada’s Armed Forces, we do welcome all candidates looking to build a long term career within the security industry.
If you choose to apply for the current position, you will go through a rigorous screening process. If you are invited to join our organization, it may be the start of a rewarding, longer term career path.
Commissionaires Great Lakes has opportunities for versatile, highly motivated, mature Security Professionals to augment our hospital security team. The Commissionaire is accountable to ensure the safety and security of visitors, staff, and facilities through crisis intervention, preventative patrols, dispatching of security calls alarm monitoring, emergency response, investigation, and report writing.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
• Valid Ontario Security Guard License
• Valid Standard First Aid and CPR
• Successful completion of a recognized diploma or degree program in Law & Security Administration or Police Foundations at the College or University level or be a veteran of the military/police is an asset.
• Basic to Intermediate Computer literacy in word, excel and outlook
• Security Guard Experience
Required Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to multi task and perform in stressful situations
• Physically able to walk several km per shift, able to stand for long periods of time
• Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain routine logs
• Ability to make sound decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency response situations with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle private information with a high level of discretion
• Capable of conducting extensive periodical interior and exterior patrols
• Ability to use a high level of communications skills to defuse aggressive situations
• Advanced non-violent crises intervention/Dealing with difficult people skills
• Ability to maintain a courteous, patient and polite attitude towards residents
• Able to maintain a high level performance and professionalism on a consistent basis, including uniform care, cleanliness and hygiene.
• Advanced report writing skills
We would like to thank all interested candidates for applying. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Commissionaires Great Lakes is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunities. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified, if requested, provided the applicant has met Bona-Fide requirements for the open position. If contacted applicants must make any accommodation needs known in advance.
If you are interested
Employment Type: Full-time
Field of Work: Sales/Services
Company informationCompany Name: Commissionaires Great Lakes
Prefered method of contact: