Posted on: June 13, 2017
Friends of Wesleyville Village is currently accepting applications for a student Assistant Event and Site Co-ordinator to provide support in planning and organizing events, developing communications strategies and materials, co-ordinating membership support and restoration activities. July 5 – August 27, 2017
Work Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Support FOWV scheduled summer events, including facility rentals and Step Inside Sundays.
• Assist with restoration/conservation activities at the heritage Church, Y-house and Schoolhouse.
• Develop publicity, educational and communication materials for FOWV Board approval
• Under FOWV Board guidance, update website and social media platforms
• Organize FOWV historical documents, records and artifacts for public accessibility.
• Participate with FOWV board in nature trail, cycling, heritage exploration tourism development.
• Other duties as required.
Qualifications: This position is a summer job for a college or university student who was enrolled full time in the previous academic year and will return to school in the fall. Must have own transportation and be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age.
Education & Knowledge:
•Studies in Event Management, Heritage Restoration, Cultural History, Archaeology, Environmental Conservation or a related field;
•Some evidence of self-directed work;
•Familiar with Microsoft office suite and electronic management systems;
•Some knowledge of Port Hope’s local history and tourism initiatives, or the willingness to learn.
Employment Type: Temporary
Field of Work: Other
Skills & Abilities:
• Interpersonal skills;
• Oral and written communication;
• Literacy and numeracy;
• Problem solving;
• Job task planning and organizing.
• Ability to deal with multiple demands and priorities
• Ability to build sound relationships both internally and externally
• Personable, demonstrates initiative
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
Company informationCompany Name: Friends of Wesleyville Village
Contact Name: Sue Stickley
Address: 2082 Lakeshore Road
City: Port Hope
Postal Code:L1A 3V7
Telephone: (905) 885-1344
A grant to this non-profit charitable corporation has been received through the Canada Summer Jobs program from Service Canada to fund a work week of 35 hours. The Friends of Wesleyville Village, Ontario, is an equity employer that does not discriminate against people from diverse backgrounds and encourages applications from visible minorities and Aboriginal peoples. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Prefered method of contact: Email